Do you need the “Best way to kill the bed bugs?” In this article, we will talk about how to kill bed bugs in simple step-by-step instructions. Bed bugs are annoying little insects that are so hard to remove from the home. Sadly, they are also great travelers, hitching rides from one person’s furniture, bedding, luggage, and clothing to the next.
When you find the first signs of infestation, you must get rid of them immediately. Bed bug infestations are very hard to eliminate and often require repeated treatments. However, if you deal with the infestation early enough, you can get rid of the bed bugs with fewer treatments.
Bed bug treatment methods
The best way to kill bed bugs is by combining two or more bed bug treatment methods in repeated actions. Focus on combining treatments across sanitation, chemical/heat applications, preventive and control methods to kill bed bugs.
- It might be time to spring clean if you must get them out completely. You can use a vacuum with a HEPA filter to get rid of bugs from your box springs, mattress, walls, carpets, and every crevice in your home. When finished, discard the vacuum contents in a sealed trash bag. Vacuum repeatedly.
- You can also use steam cleaning to get rid of bugs and their eggs. You should use this method only after vacuuming to pick up all missed bed bugs.
- Items that can be laundered should be washed on a hot or dry-on hot setting. Steam can kill bed bugs.
- For clothes, you cannot launder, seal off in plastic bags, and place in a hot sunny location for a few days. Aim for 122°F/50ºC minimum.
- You can also freeze off bed bugs but not in natural temperatures because atmospheric temperatures fluctuate a lot providing these bugs opportunities to adapt. Seal off items in plastic bags and place them in the refrigerator to freeze at cold temperatures below freezing points. Remember that you can only use this method for items and not the entire house.
Preventive and Control measures
Preventive and control measures help you prevent bed bugs from entering your home. They can also serve as tools to identify areas of bed bug infestations in the future. They can also help contain the spread if used properly. Here are a few things you can do;
- Bed bugs are not attracted to dirt, but dirt can conceal them. Dirt and clutter also provide lots of hiding spots for them. Get rid of items you don’t need especially items you suspect might have bed bugs
- Cracks and crevices provide hiding spots, which can also limit your treatment methods from being effective. You should destroy and remove all positive hiding spots by repairing cracks.
- Most people state that essential oils can get rid of bed bugs. However, there are no proofs, so you can think of them as control methods. You can apply the oil after chemically treating your home.
Get the professionals
No matter how you combine the best way to kill bed bugs, getting the professionals to help is important. Professionals know how to find bed bugs and the exact ways to make sure the infestation does not spread especially if you have a big house. They also have access the best and most effective ways to kill bed bugs.
For more articles like this one …… Click Here