If you suspect bed bug infestations, then you probably worry about how to kill bed bugs. Here are ways you can get rid of bed bugs and fast.Bed bugs are tiny, but tough insects that are so hard to detect but can cause annoying infestations. They are attracted to blood and generally feed on humans and pets. These tiny bloodsuckers can cause a great deal of trouble especially because their bites are itchy and uncomfortable.
These bites can also lead to complications such as allergies and secondary infections. Therefore, if you suspect bed bug infestations, the best thing to do is eliminate them quickly. To help you figure out the best approach, here are a few ways to kill bed bugs.
You can begin killing bed bugs by identifying where they are hiding in the home. Look out for the following signs:
- Rust or dark bed bug excrement on clothes, mattresses, sheets or walls
- Yellow shed skins, eggshells, or fecal spots around cracks, and crevices
- A musty and offensive odor around potential hiding spots
- Bloodstains on pillowcases, bed sheets or mattress seams
- A squashed bed bug or a bed bug bite
Check the closets, around the bed, books, radios, telephones, electrical outlets, or the edges of the carpet. Identifying areas of infestation will also help you take measures to keep the bugs in those areas so they do not spread to other parts of your home.
Home cleaning methods
Cleaning your home is one of the most important ways to get rid of bed bugs. However, you cannot rely on this method alone.
- Wash your clothes, curtains, linens, and bedding in hot water. You can soak for about 30 minutes before washing and dry at the highest possible temperature. For the items, you cannot wash heat for about 30 minutes at the highest possible temperature.
- Vacuum all infested areas and make sure you dispose of the vacuum cleaner bag properly
- Use zippered covers to cover your mattress and box springs to prevent bed bugs from entering or escaping.
- De clutter your home especially areas around your bed.
- Run a steamer on furniture, mattress and other places bed bugs can hide
Getting rid of bed bugs
Cleaning your home can be helpful but you also need a more effective method to eliminate bed bugs faster. There are a good number of chemical treatments you can try to kill bed bugs. Some of them include:
- Desiccants is a substances that can destroy the protective coating of bed bugs. When these coatings are destroyed, the bed bugs dry out and die. A major advantage of using desiccants is that you do not have to worry about the bugs becoming resistant to them.
- You can also invest in plant-based chemical insecticides. A good number of them are effective against bed bugs.
- Pyrethroids or pyrethrine are the most common chemicals, but some bed bugs can resist them.
- You can use foggers or bug bombs to kill visible bed bugs. However, they cannot get into cracks and crevices and are harmful if used incorrectly.
There are many other treatment methods for bed bugs but it is important to note that you may have to use multiple steps to eliminate them completely. You must also realize that the fastest and most effective way is to call in the professionals. Pest control companies can access treatment options that may not be available to you.
For more informative articles like this…….. Click Here